Monday 4 April 2011

Bouncing Balls

Bouncing Balls

In this tutorial I learnt the basics of understand how animated works and operates in 3D Studio Max. First was the introduction to the timeline and then the introduction to moving objects and getting animations to work using the autokey and setkey tools.
Once I had the basic understanding of using the autokey and setkey it was time to begin with moving and animating objects.
To practice a sphere was used as an object to understand the operations of animation. Once I had the understanding on this I moved onto using multiple objects in one scene and getting these objects to function and animate individually.


Simple and multiple objects being animated and moving


When I was happy with the animation we were introduced to rendering animation and the settings that can be adjusted accordingly to the scene or files being created. Settings adjustment to file format, resolution, timeline etc. I rendered the animation of the moving balls a number of times with different settings to get an understanding of simple rendering.

The rendering process of my animation.



To editing multiple objects animation in a scene and to duplicate there animations such a ball bouncing on the ground and looping this process the Track View ‘Curve Editor’ and ‘Dope Sheet’ where used. In these editing panels fine adjustments can be made to slow, speed up and edit the effects and sequence of the animations on the timeline. I felt that this was particularly useful as it will assist in making my project animation a lot smoother and easier. 


I found these particular techniques used in today’s tutorial very useful as it enabled me to gain an understanding of ways that I can animate my final project.

Rendered Work Videos:


No comments:

Post a Comment