Monday 4 April 2011

Morpher Modifier

The Morpher Tutorial

Morphing

In this tutorial we learnt how to apply a morphing animation to make a face move in a selection of different facial expressions.


 In the first stage a head was placed on the scene, in this tutorial it was a pre-built model but could essentially be a personal created object. The head was then duplicated 5 more times so that 6 different heads were now available on the scene. On each head a different facial expression was created via editing polys on each of the faces but keeping one head as the original.


Once all of the different expressions were created, the original head was applied with the Morpher modifier and each of the other heads where then added to an individual channel on the Morpher editing panel.

Upon rendering the animation, the Morpher would allow the original head to change into the edited heads giving an impression of different facial expression on one face. This effect can be seen in my rendered work video below.




I found this tutorial particularly useful as it has given me the essential knowledge to allow me to create talking humans within my animation project. The Morphing can also be used to animate animals etc and can enhance the quality of work that I can produce in my final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment